Unveiling of the Memorial June 24th 1916
One significant item that is still to be seen in the centre of the village, is the war memorial given by Mr. F. C. Arkwright of Willersley Hall, Matlock, to the village that sent most men to the First World War in proportion to its population.
This memorial stands upon a base that displays the four emblems of the Knights Hospitallers namely the Breastplate of Righteousness, the Shield of Faith, the Helmet of Salvation and the Sword of the Spirit.
John Spencer – a member of the Project team has compiled
Files of the Report are available by following the the Links above or below
LINK to the Report .PDF FILE
LINK to the Report WORD FILE
The name of John Spencer – the great uncle of the author of the report is recorded on the Memorial
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
CC BY-NC Barrow on Trent Parish History Research Group