Old Congregational Methodist Chapel
A 19th century Congregational Methodist Chapel, which later became a Wesleyan Chapel, on Chapel Lane. Now a private residence.
Built on brick arches to keep the fabric above the level of the flood plain
Bethel Chapel, Chapel Lane built 1839 for Independants, but now in Methodist use. Constructed of brick with a hipped slate roof, pointed-arched doorway with intersecting glazing bars in fanlight, and large date-tablet above.
It has three lancet windows in side walls with cast-iron frames
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
CC BY-NC Barrow on Trent Parish History Research Group